Friday, May 3, 2024

"History Mystery" and Thank You !!!

 


A Very Special Thanks!!

  A special thanks to Melodie Badger for sending me pictures of her distant cousin’s house in Ridley Park. The house at 100 Swarthmore Ave. is being remodeled at this writing. It was built c.1911 by William G. Halkett on the site of the Ridley Park Hotel. Melodie also sent me some articles on the house and some Delaware County history books.
  A very special thanks to Irene Rutter of Alaska!! A Delco native, over the past several years she has sent me 100’s of Delaware County postcards and others from this area. This week she contacted me to say she is sending me another box of just Delco postcards. I CAN NOT wait. She has been so kind to help improve my collection.
  I have been disappointed over the last 6 months with people volunteering to help me with some projects. I did not ask them, they asked me if they could help me. But then I never heard from them and I just gave up on them and moved on. I do not understand people, if you do not want to do something, just Say So. Or just return phone calls, texts and emails! Then I met Dennis of Upper Chichester and Jack McKnight of Collingdale and they are just amazing!! We met for lunch and they volunteered to help me I did not know what to think. I was truly surprised !! I gave them some pictures and places I needed addresses for, they love my “ History, Mystery”. They have been driving to the locations all over Delaware Co. taking pictures, getting addresses etc. Next I want them to help me with the W.P.A. 1936 Historic Site Survey and I know they will do a great job. I have been so lucky that they contacted me.
 Lastly my website, delawarecountyhistory.com. It has been shutdown because no one has contributed money to my website thru Paypal. For the past year my website has averaged 600 visitors  a month in all of the last two years less then 10 people each year have made donations. You do not get into local history but I would like to break even once and awhile. My website costs $450.00 dollars a year. I have lots of stuff to add but that will cost more money. I would like to get the site up again to help people with Delco History. Please make a donation so my website can run again. Click on the link below to make a donation.

https://www.delawarecountyhistory.com
 And  a special Thanks to Bob Strickler a friend of 60 years who helps me master my computer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment