Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bank Pictures

The Wachovia/Wells Fargo Bank has chosen pictures from my historical collection to decorate their larger branches in Delaware County. The Ridley/Folsom branch just got theirs put up on March 19 yesterday. The next time you are in the bank take a look. My historical pictures will also be appearing in the Wachovia/Wells Fargo branches in Springfield, Haverford, Media, Glen Mills, West Chester etc. So take a peek.
  Alot of Civil War happenings will be starting next month as the 150th anniversary of the Civil War kicks off.
A Lecture
By
Dr. Clarissa Dillon
March 22nd
at 7:30
Marple Christian Church, Lawrence Rd. Broomall

3/24, 7:30pm, Thursday, Reevaluating the Role of the US Colored Troops in the Am Civil War at Concord Twp Com Center, 45 Thornton Rd, free
Check my website for other events coming this week. delawarecountyhistory.com

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Dillon: I am in California and will sadly miss your lecture.
    I have a question that you may or may not be able to answer. A few months ago I ran across a site that featured a photo of the old Berdahl mansion on West Chester Pike near Lawrence Rd. I grew up in Brookthorpe Hills neighborhoood in the 1970's and it was quite nastalgic to see the old mansion. Do you know whereabouts of any pics of the old house? And sadly, my brother and I found lots of old buildings and artifacts behind the Pathmark store that were plowed under for the Blue Route. Wonder if you know anything about the 18th or early 19th century structures that were there.kind Regards,
    Noel Holden

    ReplyDelete